Who doesn’t love a roast ham for Christmas? Here’s a quick and easy Thermomix glaze to use for roasting your ham. Simply score your ham into diamonds, insert cloves and glaze before (and during) baking. Magnificent.
- 60g runny honey
- 50g orange marmalade
- 120g Dijon mustard
- 50g brown sugar
- 25g apple cider vinegar
- 1 fresh red chilli, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- a pinch of black peppercorns
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Weigh / place all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl.
- Heat for 6 minutes, 80 degrees, speed 1.
- Remove from TMX jug (pour into a bowl); and discard the chilli and bay leaves.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes; before glazing the ham. This way it will thicken nicely before using.
Remove the outer rind of the leg of ham, and set aside (I use the rind to wrap the ham in the to keep it fresh in the ham bag after Christmas.
Score the leg of ham into large (3cm X 3cm) diamonds, about 1/2cm deep. Stud each diamond with a clove before glazing.
Bake in a moderate oven for 1 -1.5 hours, glazing every 15 minutes until golden and crisp. The time will depend on the size of the ham and your oven – keep a close eye on it as it can get golden quickly!