Christmas is fast approaching – I can see it on the horizon and I’ve still got a million and one things to organise between now and then! Like Christmas gifts/tokens of appreciation to all those people who help out during the year – my Thermomix Delivery man; the school crossing lady, teachers and babysitters. You know the ones – you just want to show them that you appreciate them, and something homemade could be just the thing right? I’ve been busy making little jars of chilli jam, dukkah and ras el hanout for just this purpose.
- 100g Black Sesame Seeds
- 100g White Sesame Seeds
- 60g Hazelnuts
- 60g Almonds
- 30g Cumin Seeds
- 50g Coriander Seeds
- 1tsp Salt
- 1/2tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1tsp Dried Mint
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
1. Place Sesame seeds, nuts, cumin and coriander seeds into TM Bowl and dry roast for 8 minutes at 100 degrees C on speed 1.
2. Remove lid and allow to cool to below 60 degrees
3. When all ingredients are cool add salt, peppercorns and dried mint and chilli; and pulse a couple of times with Turbo button to form a coarse powder
4. Top up individual jars, and wrap with a ribbon for gifts. Keep in fridge until ready to use