By Buffy-Ellen Gill from Be Good Organics.
Did you see our “5 with…” interview with Buffy? You can read it here.
Buffy always uses certified organic, local and fairly traded ingredients wherever possible.
3 cloves garlic
2 1/2 c zucchini (grated and packed, ~3 zucchini)
1c chickpea (besan) flour
3/4 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (thyme, oregano, parsley, chives, rosemary)
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Chop the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes in 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Mix in a bowl with the zucchini, chickpea flour, herbs, salt and optional seeds.
- Pan fry 1/4 c scoops in the remaining coconut oil over a medium heat until the edges start to dry out (around 3 minutes), then flip and cook on the other side. Make sure the heat isn’t too high or your fritters will burn.
- Place on a plate in a 50°C oven to keep them warm while you cook the remainder.
- Serve with your favourite toppings – the best combos in my book include something creamy + sweet/salty/tangy + crunchy!
Source: Buffy Ellen, Be Good Organics