By Amy Mehrten, CREVI + CO
It’s vital to get these spaces right, Master in particular. Interiors and colour palette can assist greatly in creating a calming environment. Beyond looking great, bringing zen to your bedroom promotes benefits to your health and sleeping, a great starting point to a more balanced, restful self.
Below are some simple tips to follow to create an oasis feel.
- Make bedrooms a single purpose space. They are designed to sleep in, so removing or limiting any technology (televisions included) is essential.
- De clutter – clutter can crowd the mind and make you feel overwhelmed. If decluttering your room is a daunting job, grab some large cardboard boxes and label them donation, bin, to be stored/relocated. This breaks down the process and makes it achievable.
- Pick calming colours for walls….white, soft greys, beiges all work well.
- Invest in some quality linen, anything above 1000 thread count will be beautiful to sleep in. Keep it natural, stunning bamboo and organic cottons are widely available now at reasonable price points.
- Pick the correct bedside lamp, if you’re a reader then purchase one that gives off significant light, otherwise one with an exposed light bulb. These create the most beautiful, calming ambience. It gives a similar light to a candle flame and they look fabulous, very on trend. My pick would be the EDGAR HOME ‘Sol’ lamp (see image above) gorgeous colours, a great price point as well as being touch, very convenient.
- If there is space on the walls, add large mirrors to reflect the feeling of light and space.
- When it comes to accessories and furniture, symmetry and balance create a sense of grounding. Try coordinating bedside tables and lamps
- Top accessory picks include coffee table books, greenery/small plants, linen spray and scented candles. Less is more.
M 0438 319 645
74 Bridport Street
Albert Park 3206