It has been a little while since I last updated this, you may be wondering where our head is at. (New entries in red).
After years of travel, it comes down to two, two cities. In the next 2 years we will decide, which home will be our home for good. Sydney or Melbourne.
So, I am creating a list, to remind me of the good days and the bad and for a bit of fun.
Maybe you will have something to add.
Is Sydney better than Melbourne?
- The harbour is stunning.
- The people are soooooo friendly.
- We can pop down to the beach afterschool, or anytime really that we need some fresh air or an eyeful of beauty.
- Schools have carlines – yippee.
- The evenings are balmy, I feel like I’m on holiday.
- I feel so relaxed (too relaxed maybe… or perhaps that’s just because the first time in 11 years I am not thinking about having another baby, or have a baby in the house).
- We get a lot more visitors, including seeing alot more of our family.
- Zach is now in a new school – which will be the making of him. I love it.
- When I walk along our local beach, I actually think (every time) I am so lucky to live here. I never thought that in Melbourne once in 4 years, even though I loved living there.
- Life is crazy and out of control like never before – but its also more interesting due to the opportunties we are being given.
- International travel (well domestic too) is soooo much easier from Sydney, more choice.
- This image is in the middle of winter (I took it last week, people were actually swimming and/or sunbathing in their bathers).
- There is so much traffic.
- There are far too many huuuge spiders and cockroaches for my liking.
- My hair is sooo freaking FRIZZY all.the.time!
- Zachs class sizes are too big.
- Moths in my pantry.
- Did I mention cockroaches and spiders?
- We miss our friends and family (the ones we now see less often).
- Ella (our daughter) really really misses her Melbourne friends and hasn’t been able to see them as much as we had hoped.
- The roads are so narrow.
- Everything seems so far away. Saturday sports is a pain in the bum.
- I miss Chaddie.
- You get a lot more house for your buck in Melbourne.
- Over the warmer months there is always (ALWAYS) someone mowing a lawn near your house. I used to like the sound, it reminded me of summer. Now its just annoying.
- Fruit flies.
Thoughts so far?