By Sharne Kuper of My Organised Home
The final term of school is almost upon us. Where has the year gone? Time seems to go so fast and by Term 4 it seems to accelerate even more. Before we know it Christmas is upon us.
To get started on the right track for the last term here are a couple of tips to get everything and everyone ready for the start of school.
- Sit down with your planner or calendar and write in the entire term 4 calendar including sports and other activities.
- Most children move into their summer uniform with the start of Term 4. Check before school starts that everything still fits and make any repairs where necessary. As I have mentioned before it is always handy to have a uniform for each day of the week, especially when you are working. This investment can save you time and stress about having to get things washed and ironed midweek.
- If you have a homework station then do a quick declutter and sharpen and ensure that you still have everything ready and on hand to complete the homework for the term. If not, stock up. I use a homework box and have found it a huge help in making the sometimes grueling job of getting homework done a little easier.
- If mornings are stressful and you are tired of calling out and reminding your children what they need to do to get ready then here is an idea. Create a visual chart that can be placed in their room with a list of what they need to do each morning. This can include basic morning activities (i.e breakfast, clean teeth, get dressed) and be extended on a daily basis to be a reminder of what needs to be taken to school each day i.e Monday library books + bag.
- A couple of nights before the return to school start getting your kids back on their school bedtime routine.
- Get the backpacks ready to go for the first day back to avoid a last minute rush.
If you can find the time to prepare then a transition from the holidays to the return to school can be made easier for the whole family.
Images: Jeshu John / DesignerPics.com
Mobile 0418 164 708
“Sharne is a Sydney based Professional Organiser. After spending most of her career in fashion she has found her calling in helping people reclaim their space and simplify their lives. “I love doing what I do and seeing what a difference it can make in peoples lives is very rewarding”